Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic
"Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Non-therapeutic positive end-expiratory pressure occurring frequently in patients with severe airway obstruction. It can appear with or without the administration of external positive end-expiratory pressure (POSITIVE-PRESSURE RESPIRATION). It presents an important load on the inspiratory muscles which are operating at a mechanical disadvantage due to hyperinflation. Auto-PEEP may cause profound hypotension that should be treated by intravascular volume expansion, increasing the time for expiration, and/or changing from assist mode to intermittent mandatory ventilation mode. (From Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 12th ed, p1127)
|Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic
- Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic
- Intrinsic Positive-Pressure Respiration
- Positive Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic
- Respiration, Intrinsic Positive-Pressure
- PEEP, Intrinsic
- Intrinsic PEEP
- Non-Therapeutic Positive-Pressure Respiration
- Non Therapeutic Positive Pressure Respiration
- Respiration, Nontherapeutic Positive-Pressure
- Respiration, Nontherapeutic Positive Pressure
- Respiration, Non-Therapeutic Positive-Pressure
- Respiration, Non Therapeutic Positive Pressure
- PEEP, Occult
- Occult PEEP
- Positive-Pressure Respiration, Occult
- Occult Positive-Pressure Respiration
- Positive Pressure Respiration, Occult
- Respiration, Occult Positive-Pressure
- Nontherapeutic Positive-Pressure Respiration
- Nontherapeutic Positive Pressure Respiration
- Positive-Pressure Respiration, Nontherapeutic
- Positive Pressure Respiration, Nontherapeutic
- Auto PEEP
- Positive-Pressure Respiration, Non-Therapeutic
- Positive Pressure Respiration, Non Therapeutic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Positive-Pressure Respiration, Intrinsic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.