Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic
"Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A subacute paralytic myeloneuropathy occurring endemically in tropical areas such as the Caribbean, Colombia, India, and Africa, as well as in the southwestern region of Japan; associated with infection by HUMAN T-CELL LEUKEMIA VIRUS I. Clinical manifestations include a slowly progressive spastic weakness of the legs, increased reflexes, Babinski signs, incontinence, and loss of vibratory and position sensation. On pathologic examination inflammatory, demyelination, and necrotic lesions may be found in the spinal cord. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1239)
|Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic
- Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic
- Parapareses, Tropical Spastic
- Spastic Parapareses, Tropical
- Spastic Paraparesis, Tropical
- Tropical Spastic Parapareses
- HTLV I Associated Myelopathies
- HTLV-I-Associated Myelopathy
- HTLV I Associated Myelopathy
- HTLV-I-Associated Myelopathies
- Myelopathies, HTLV-I-Associated
- Myelopathy, HTLV-I-Associated
- HTLV-I-Associated Myelopathy-Tropical Spastic Paraparesis
- HTLV I Associated Myelopathy Tropical Spastic Paraparesis
- Tropical Spastic Paraparesis
- Myelopathies, HTLV I Associated
- Myelopathy, Htlv-1-Associated
- Htlv-1-Associated Myelopathies
- Htlv-1-Associated Myelopathy
- Myelopathies, Htlv-1-Associated
- Myelopathy, Htlv 1 Associated
- Myelopathy, Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Type 1 Associated
- Myelopathy, Human T Lymphotropic Virus Type 1 Associated
- Paraplegia, Tropical Spastic
- Paraplegias, Tropical Spastic
- Spastic Paraplegia, Tropical
- Spastic Paraplegias, Tropical
- Tropical Spastic Paraplegia
- Tropical Spastic Paraplegias
- Familial Spastic Paraparesis, Htlv-1-Associated
- Familial Spastic Paraparesis, Htlv 1 Associated
- Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Type 1 Associated Myelopathy
- Human T Lymphotropic Virus Type 1 Associated Myelopathy
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Paraparesis, Tropical Spastic" by people in Profiles.