Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion
"Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A disease of the PITUITARY GLAND characterized by the excess amount of ADRENOCORTICOTROPIC HORMONE secreted. This leads to hypersecretion of cortisol (HYDROCORTISONE) by the ADRENAL GLANDS resulting in CUSHING SYNDROME.
|Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion
- Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion
- ACTH Hypersecretion, Pituitary
- Hypersecretion, Pituitary ACTH
- Cushing Disease, Pituitary
- Cushing Diseases, Pituitary
- Pituitary Cushing Disease
- Pituitary Cushing Diseases
- Pituitary-Dependant Hypercortisolism Disorder
- Hypercortisolism Disorder, Pituitary-Dependant
- Hypercortisolism Disorders, Pituitary-Dependant
- Pituitary Dependant Hypercortisolism Disorder
- Pituitary-Dependant Hypercortisolism Disorders
- Pituitary-Dependant Cushing Syndrome
- Cushing Syndrome, Pituitary-Dependant
- Pituitary Dependant Cushing Syndrome
- Pituitary-Dependant Hypercortisolism
- Hypercortisolism, Pituitary-Dependant
- Hypercortisolisms, Pituitary-Dependant
- Pituitary Dependant Hypercortisolism
- Pituitary-Dependant Hypercortisolisms
- Cushing Disease
- Disease, Cushing
- Pituitary Cushing Syndrome
- Cushing Syndrome, Pituitary
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion" by people in this website by year, and whether "Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion" by people in Profiles.
Characterization and treatment of resistant hypertension. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2009 Nov; 11(6):407-13.
Reversible "brain atrophy" in patients with Cushing's disease. Coll Antropol. 2008 Dec; 32(4):1165-70.