Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated
"Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An acute or subacute inflammatory process of the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM characterized histologically by multiple foci of perivascular demyelination. Symptom onset usually occurs several days after an acute viral infection or immunization, but it may coincide with the onset of infection or rarely no antecedent event can be identified. Clinical manifestations include CONFUSION, somnolence, FEVER, nuchal rigidity, and involuntary movements. The illness may progress to COMA and eventually be fatal. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p921)
|Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated
- Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated
- Disseminated Encephalomyelitis, Acute
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitides
- Disseminated Encephalomyelitides, Acute
- Encephalomyelitides, Acute Disseminated
- Encephalitis, Post-Vaccinal
- Encephalitis, Post Vaccinal
- Post-Vaccinal Encephalomyelitis
- Encephalomyelitides, Post-Vaccinal
- Encephalomyelitis, Post-Vaccinal
- Post Vaccinal Encephalomyelitis
- Post-Vaccinal Encephalomyelitides
- Post-Vaccinal Encephalitis
- Encephalitides, Post-Vaccinal
- Post Vaccinal Encephalitis
- Post-Vaccinal Encephalitides
- Encephalitis, Postvaccinal
- Encephalitis, Vaccination
- Vaccination Encephalitis
- Postvaccinal Encephalitis
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated" by people in this website by year, and whether "Encephalomyelitis, Acute Disseminated" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.