"Sulfatidosis" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A group of inherited metabolic disorders characterized by the intralysosomal accumulation of sulfur-containing lipids (SULFATIDES), including SULFOGLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDS normally found in the MYELIN SHEATH of the brain. These disorders are caused by defective degradative enzymes leading to substrate accumulation (or storage).
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Sulfatidosis".
- Diseases [C]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Central Nervous System Diseases [C10.228]
- Brain Diseases [C10.228.140]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic [C10.228.140.163]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C10.228.140.163.100]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C10.228.140.163.100.435]
- Sphingolipidoses [C10.228.140.163.100.435.825]
- Sulfatidosis [C10.228.140.163.100.435.825.850]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C16.320.565.189]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C16.320.565.189.435]
- Sphingolipidoses [C16.320.565.189.435.825]
- Sulfatidosis [C16.320.565.189.435.825.850]
- Lipid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C16.320.565.398]
- Lipidoses [C16.320.565.398.641]
- Sphingolipidoses [C16.320.565.398.641.803]
- Sulfatidosis [C16.320.565.398.641.803.925]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases [C16.320.565.595]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C16.320.565.595.554]
- Sphingolipidoses [C16.320.565.595.554.825]
- Sulfatidosis [C16.320.565.595.554.825.850]
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases [C18]
- Metabolic Diseases [C18.452]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic [C18.452.132]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C18.452.132.100]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C18.418.104.22.1685]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.422.214.171.1245.825]
- Sulfatidosis [C18.4126.96.36.1995.825.850]
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders [C18.452.584]
- Lipidoses [C18.452.584.687]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.584.687.803]
- Sulfatidosis [C18.452.584.687.803.925]
- Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648]
- Brain Diseases, Metabolic, Inborn [C18.452.648.189]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C18.452.648.189.435]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.648.189.435.825]
- Sulfatidosis [C18.452.648.189.435.825.850]
- Lipid Metabolism, Inborn Errors [C18.452.648.398]
- Lipidoses [C18.452.648.398.641]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.648.398.641.803]
- Sulfatidosis [C18.452.648.398.641.803.925]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases [C18.452.648.595]
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Nervous System [C18.452.648.595.554]
- Sphingolipidoses [C18.452.648.595.554.825]
- Sulfatidosis [C18.452.648.595.554.825.850]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Sulfatidosis".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Sulfatidosis" by people in this website by year, and whether "Sulfatidosis" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Sulfatidosis" by people in Profiles.