Independent Practice Associations
"Independent Practice Associations" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity that enters into an arrangement for the provision of services with persons who are licensed to practice medicine, osteopathy, and dentistry, and with other care personnel. Under an IPA arrangement, licensed professional persons provide services through the entity in accordance with a mutually accepted compensation arrangement, while retaining their private practices. Services under the IPA are marketed through a prepaid health plan. (From Facts on File Dictionary of Health Care Management, 1988)
|Independent Practice Associations
- Independent Practice Associations
- Practice Association, Independent
- IPA (Individual Practice Association)
- IPAs (Individual Practice Association)
- Practice Association, Individual
- Individual Practice Associations
- IPA (Independent Practice Association)
- IPAs (Independent Practice Association)
- Association, Independent Practice
- Associations, Independent Practice
- Independent Practice Association
- Practice Associations, Independent
- Association, Individual Practice
- Associations, Individual Practice
- Individual Practice Association
- Practice Associations, Individual
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Independent Practice Associations".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Independent Practice Associations".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Independent Practice Associations" by people in this website by year, and whether "Independent Practice Associations" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Independent Practice Associations" by people in Profiles.
Bian J, Dow WH, Matchar DB. Medicare HMO penetration and mortality outcomes of ischemic stroke. Am J Manag Care. 2006 Jan; 12(1):58-64.
Gold MR, Hurley R, Lake T, Ensor T, Berenson R. A national survey of the arrangements managed-care plans make with physicians. N Engl J Med. 1995 Dec 21; 333(25):1678-83.