Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis
"Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A rare, slowly progressive encephalitis caused by chronic infection with the MEASLES VIRUS. The condition occurs primarily in children and young adults, approximately 2-8 years after the initial infection. A gradual decline in intellectual abilities and behavioral alterations are followed by progressive MYOCLONUS; MUSCLE SPASTICITY; SEIZURES; DEMENTIA; autonomic dysfunction; and ATAXIA. DEATH usually occurs 1-3 years after disease onset. Pathologic features include perivascular cuffing, eosinophilic cytoplasmic inclusions, neurophagia, and fibrous gliosis. It is caused by the SSPE virus, which is a defective variant of MEASLES VIRUS. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp767-8)
|Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis
- Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis
- Sclerosing Panencephalitis, Subacute
- Panencephalitides, Subacute Sclerosing
- Sclerosing Panencephalitides, Subacute
- Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitides
- Panencephalitis, Subacute Sclerosing
- Leukoencephalitis, Van Bogaert's
- Leukoencephalitis, Van Bogaert
- Leukoencephalitis, Van Bogaerts
- Inclusion Body Encephalitis, Measles
- Sclerosing Leukoencephalitis, Subacute
- Leukoencephalitides, Subacute Sclerosing
- Sclerosing Leukoencephalitides, Subacute
- Subacute Sclerosing Leukoencephalitides
- Subacute Sclerosing Leukoencephalitis
- Leukoencephalitis, Subacute Sclerosing
- Measles Inclusion Body Encephalitis
- Encephaltis, Inclusion Body, Measles
- Van Bogaert's Leukoencephalitis
- Van Bogaert Leukoencephalitis
- Van Bogaerts Leukoencephalitis
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis" by people in this website by year, and whether "Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.