"Somatosensory Disorders" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Disorders of sensory information received from superficial and deep regions of the body. The somatosensory system conveys neural impulses which pertain to proprioception, tactile sensation, thermal sensation, pressure sensation, and pain. PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES; SPINAL CORD DISEASES; and BRAIN DISEASES may be associated with impaired or abnormal somatic sensation.
- Somatosensory Disorders
- Somatosensory Disorder
- Somatic Sensation Disorders
- Sensation Disorder, Somatic
- Sensation Disorders, Somatic
- Somatic Sensation Disorder
Pain Sensation Diminished
- Pain Sensation Diminished
- Diminished, Pain Sensation
- Diminisheds, Pain Sensation
- Pain Sensation Diminisheds
- Sensation Diminished, Pain
- Sensation Diminisheds, Pain
Thermal Sensation Disorders
- Thermal Sensation Disorders
- Sensation Disorder, Thermal
- Sensation Disorders, Thermal
- Thermal Sensation Disorder
Position Sense Disorders
- Position Sense Disorders
- Position Sense Disorder
- Sense Disorder, Position
- Sense Disorders, Position
Pinprick Sensation Diminished
- Pinprick Sensation Diminished
- Diminished, Pinprick Sensation
- Diminisheds, Pinprick Sensation
- Pinprick Sensation Diminisheds
- Sensation Diminished, Pinprick
- Sensation Diminisheds, Pinprick
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Somatosensory Disorders".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Somatosensory Disorders".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Somatosensory Disorders" by people in this website by year, and whether "Somatosensory Disorders" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Somatosensory Disorders" by people in Profiles.
Shuto T, Ohtake M, Matsunaga S, Hasegawa N. Primary medulla oblongata germinoma in a male patient. J Clin Neurosci. 2012 May; 19(5):769-71.
Bagheri SC, Meyer RA, Khan HA, Kuhmichel A, Steed MB. Retrospective review of microsurgical repair of 222 lingual nerve injuries. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Apr; 68(4):715-23.
Zhang D, Johnston JM, Fox MD, Leuthardt EC, Grubb RL, Chicoine MR, Smyth MD, Snyder AZ, Raichle ME, Shimony JS. Preoperative sensorimotor mapping in brain tumor patients using spontaneous fluctuations in neuronal activity imaged with functional magnetic resonance imaging: initial experience. Neurosurgery. 2009 Dec; 65(6 Suppl):226-36.
Bagheri SC, Meyer RA, Khan HA, Steed MB. Microsurgical repair of peripheral trigeminal nerve injuries from maxillofacial trauma. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Sep; 67(9):1791-9.