Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A
"Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A product of the PLACENTA, and DECIDUA, secreted into the maternal circulation during PREGNANCY. It has been identified as an IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-4 protease that proteolyzes IGFBP-4 and thus increases IGF bioavailability. It is found also in human FIBROBLASTS, ovarian FOLLICULAR FLUID, and GRANULOSA CELLS. The enzyme is a heterotetramer of about 500-kDa.
|Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A
- Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A
- Pregnancy Associated Plasma Protein A
- IGFBP-4 Protease
- IGFBP 4 Protease
- Protease, IGFBP-4
- IGFBP-4-Specific Proteinase
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor-Dependent IGF Binding Protein-4 Protease
- Insulin Like Growth Factor Dependent IGF Binding Protein 4 Protease
- PAPP alpha
- Pregnancy Associated alpha Plasma Protein
- Pregnancy-Associated alpha-Plasma Protein
- IGFBP-4 Metalloproteinase
- IGFBP 4 Metalloproteinase
- Metalloproteinase, IGFBP-4
- Insulin-Like-Growth Factor Binding Protein-4 Protease
- Insulin Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 4 Protease
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A" by people in this website by year, and whether "Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A" by people in Profiles.
The expression of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A (PAPP-A) in human blastocoel fluid-conditioned media: a proof of concept study. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2022 Feb; 39(2):389-394.
Cumulus cell pappalysin-1, luteinizing hormone/choriogonadotropin receptor, amphiregulin and hydroxy-delta-5-steroid dehydrogenase, 3 beta- and steroid delta-isomerase 1 mRNA levels associate with oocyte developmental competence and embryo outcomes. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2019 Jul; 36(7):1457-1469.
First-trimester screening for trisomies 21 and 18. N Engl J Med. 2003 Oct 09; 349(15):1405-13.